Thursday 18 February 2016

Final Piece Final Idea

Even though I originally wanted to make a stop motion music video, my idea changed pretty drastically towards the end - it would no longer be a music video. 
After I started playing with Cinema 4D, I got told to test its possibilities by recording 'soundscapes'. It was now more to do with synaesthesia than it was in the beginning. So I decided to make it 'a day in the life of a synaesthete'. 
I recorded sounds throughout my day, and I was to pair these sounds with certain shapes in C4D, and give them different colours and movements based on the types of sounds. So I would still be in keeping with the pairing of colours/shapes to frequencies etc.
Here is a list of the sounds I recorded and the shapes I want to pair them with:

Kettle - little spheres, like bubbles
Toaster - one small disc on its side, moving up and getting bigger as toaster 'pops'.
Door opening/closing/locking - Icosahedron 
Footsteps down stairs - two discs getting bigger with the loudness of each step
Skateboard - torus (a ring) spinning around like a wheel
Lift at uni - tube, going up and down
Writing with pen - cone (lengthening, getting sharper with scribbles)
Typing - cubes (cuboids)
Photocopying - cylinder (horizontal, moving sideways with sounds)

Then the sounds can start to build up, one over the other:
Lift again
Skateboard again
Door again (coming back home)
After the door is heard closing, all the sounds stop.

Then:
Brushing teeth - small long capsule, moving sideways
Rain on window - tiny pyramids upside down, falling up and down to look like rain

Then the rain sound will fade until the shapes and sounds stop completely.

Here is a link to all my sound files that I prepared for this


No comments:

Post a Comment