Thursday 18 February 2016

Frequency test

I wanted to see if I could get different shapes to do different things to the same piece of music.. I had a play around with the frequency filter - you can choose which frequencies and bandwidth you want the shape to be effected by:



The only problem with this filter, is that the frequencies of different instruments overlap, so I wouldn't be able to get each shape to visualise the sounds of each instrument..
I chose a dark blue sphere for the bass notes, such as the bass drum and guitar - I then selected the lowest frequencies with the filter.
I chose a cube for the higher drum notes (the 'clapping') such as the snare - and chose a different set of frequencies for this.
I then tried to get the piano part to be effected differently - I chose a pyramid for this. Unfortunately, the frequencies for this part aren't different, so it does pretty much the same thing as the cube..

Here is my frequency test:



No comments:

Post a Comment