Thursday 18 February 2016

Music Videos

I am not looking to tell a story through stop motion, in fact, I want to make a music video - or rather, make a stop-motion video to music.

There have been many brilliant stop motion music videos through the years, and here are a few I think deserve to be seen


The White Stripes, Fell In Love With A Girl, 2009

The White Stripes, Hardest Button to Button, 2009



Glass Animals, Exxus, 2013


Glass Animals, Pools, 2014

Another musical artist I love is Chet Faker, who's music video for Talk Is Cheap used stop-motion to go through the four seasons. It is brilliant.

Chet Faker, Talk Is Cheap, 2014

Fleet Foxes's video for Mykonos utilises stop motion to animate simple geometric paper shapes, which is the aesthetic I would like to achieve.
Fleet Foxes, Mykonos, 2009

Vice's opinion on the best stop motion music videos

No comments:

Post a Comment